In this pilot episode of the Video Wizards Podcast, we’re traveling back to January 1987 and look at arcade games like Alien Syndrome, Rolling Thunder, and 720º.
We also check out the European, pre-console, home computer scene, Eddie Murphy’s performance in The Golden Child and music from The Beastie Boys, Guns N’ Roses and Cameo… and did you know just how crucial bicycle side wheel reflectors really are?
Show theme tune: NEON CITY, composed by Ed 「イートレム」 Tremblay for Mudprints Music and licensed exclusively to The Video Wizards Podcast, ©2019 Mudprints Music, all rights reserved.
Other music used in this episode:
- Dooms Day – by Tohru Nakabayashi for Alien Syndrome, 1987
- Killer Instinct – by Tohru Nakabayashi for Alien Syndrome, 1987
- BGM 1 – by ??? for Exerizer / Sky Fox, 1987
- In-Game Theme One – by Junko Ozawa for Rolling Thunder, 1986
- Power of Anger – by Miki Higashino, Hidenori Maezawa, Shinya Sakamoto, Satoe Terashima & Atsushi Fujio for Salamander, 1986
- Ramp – by Hal Canon & Earl Vickers for 720º, 1986
- Main Theme – by Tadashi Kimijima for Bubble Bobble, 1986
- Goal 3 – by Hal Canon for Super Sprint, 1986
- The New Style/Fight for Your Right – by The Beastie Boys, 1986
- Welcome to the Jungle – by Guns N’ Roses, 1987
- Cold Gettin’ Dumb – by Just-Ice, 1986
- Candy – by Cameo, 1986
- Suburbia – by The Pet Shop Boys, 1986
- Shake You Down – by Gregory Abbott, 1986
- Robin (The Hooded Man) – by Clannad, 1984
- Thundercats Opening Theme – by Kevin Kliesch, 1985
And finally: our special thanks to Andy Hofle.